Schedule Information: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM Monday-Friday
Hours per Week: 37.5
Benefits: Health, Dental, Life & Disability, Sick, Vacation, Holiday Pay, Personal Business; Harper Tuition Waivers; and Professional Expenses
Work Conditions: Work is primarily indoors. Physical activities include light to medium work of up to 50 lbs. which includes lifting and moving computers, audio visual hardware, peripherals and related furniture or equipment. Some tasks will require the use of a ladder.
Duties of Position: The positions responsibilities include researching and selecting software and hardware technology based on the needs of the college, while ensuring the college follows compliance and purchasing polices. A successful candidate will be responsible for the support and delivery of technical solutions, including supporting implementation of new and updated software and hardware technologies to meet the needs of end users.
Serve as a liaison between the user community and the Information Technology office, providing outstanding customer service in person, online, or by phone. As directed, this position will have opportunities to provide supervision and mentoring to employees from various employee groups.
Utilize the ticketing system to document and prioritize work following Information Technology standard operating procedures. Log all related interactions as well as answer, troubleshoot and document support calls and emails.
Complete work on assigned tickets, projects, and tasks, documenting, tracking, and monitoring the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
Stays current with relevant Harper College systems, information, changes, and updates. Including staying up to date with higher educational IT trends, software, and hardware.
Contribute to the technical support documentation of resolutions, processes, and procedures. Participate in the development, implementation, and communication of guidelines and procedures for the usage, deployment and management of systems and software supported by Information Technology.
Maintain appropriate asset management data and purchasing documentation utilizing approved Harper College systems. Tracks software, hardware, and peripheral equipment from acquisition to retirement.
Investigates appropriate technology requests for software, hardware, and peripheral equipment. Research, assess, and evaluate technology-related needs. Recommend appropriate software, hardware, and peripheral equipment for implementation.
Evaluate and recommend new software, hardware, and services to enhance functionality and reduce user problems.
Facilitates communication between the end-user and Information Technology.
Assists as appropriate with projects involving Information Technology.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years of equivalent experience. Related certifications a plus including current Microsoft Windows operating system, Mac OS, Microsoft Office Suite, CompTIA A+, Help Desk Institute, ITIL.
- Expertise in a wide variety of operating systems.
- Proficiency in complex software packages for PC, and MAC based systems.
- Proficiency with a number of support tools.
- Minimum 4 years of technical experience in an enterprise environment.
- Ability to manage user accounts in Active Directory and Exchange email /Outlook support experience.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Experience installing Windows.
- Experience troubleshooting network connectivity.
- Experience using and supporting the use of smartphones for business, including the use of email applications.
- Expert technology problem solver.
- Extensive experience with desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP Networking and VPN.
- Quick learner, strong/effective problem solver, team player.
- Strong in break/fix.
- Experience writing, producing, doing voice-over and acting in educational videos.
- Ability to provide multi-language support is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Windows PC, MacOS, and mobile device troubleshooting and application support, including MS Office, Outlook, Google App Sync, Box Experience in higher education or a campus environment a plus.
Application Review Date: Applications are accepted until the position is filled though priority will be given to applications received on or before: March 23, 2023.
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.
Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to create an inclusive learning and working environment where individual differences and identities are respected, valued and embraced. We encourage women, people from historically underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.