Adjunct Faculty Credit - Fashion Merchandising
Job no: 494435
Work type: Part time
Location: Harper College Main Campus (Palatine)
Categories: Adjunct Faculty
Salary: Per Adjunct Faculty pay scale
Department: Career & Technical Programs
Starting Pay Rate: Per Adjunct Faculty Pay Scale
Schedule Information: Days/evenings/weekends depending upon course schedule
***This posting will be used to obtain a pool of qualified candidates for the above subjects. As teaching needs arise, these applications will be reviewed for possible interviews***
The number of adjunct instructors hired varies from semester to semester, depending upon the needs of the department. Your application can remain "Under Review by Committee" for 18 months. You may check your status at any time by logging into jobs.harpercollege.edu with your username and password.
Job Description: The department of fashion studies is currently accepting resumes for an adjunct position in the Fashion Merchandising Program to teach “Promotion of Fashion” class during Spring 2023. This class focuses on teaching event planning and logistics to fashion merchandising students. The final project in this class includes planning and designing the annual fashion show.
Prior experience in event planning, retail and merchandising is desirable.
Teaching responsibilities include:
- Teach Fashion Merchandising & Marketing courses to students with a broad range of career interests.
- Writing Syllabi
- preparing for and delivering classroom instruction,
- evaluate student performance
- Maintain records of student attendance, involvement, and progress.
- Must be engaging and focused on student success. Ability to interact with students in a group and one-on-one situations is expected.
- The ability to meet classroom deadlines (i.e., attendance, grading) and work with students on their response to assignments in a timely manner.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and or 10†years industry experience in the subject. While a bachelor’s degree is required in Apparel/ Fashion/Merchandising/ Marketing, equivalent professional may also be considered.
Experience Requirements: Ideal candidate will have at least one year of teaching experience.
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.
Applicable Benefits: We offer a competitive, semester by semester adjunct pay, with Harper tuition waivers, sick/personal business leave, and a comprehensive Adjunct Faculty Professional Development Program.
Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to create an inclusive learning and working environment where individual differences and identities are respected, valued and embraced. We encourage women, people from historically underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend