AED Instruction and Learning Specialist
Vaccination and Testing Mandate
See Illinois Governor J.B Pritzker’s mandate regarding vaccination/testing requirements for Higher Education and Harper’s implementation.
Job no: 494410
Work type: Full time
Location: Harper College Main Campus (Palatine)
Categories: Professional/ Technical
Salary: $54,461 - $68,076
Department: Career & Technical Programs
Schedule Information: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with occasional evening hours.
Hours per Week: 37.5
Benefits: Health, Dental, Lie & Disability; Sick, Vacation & Holiday Pay; Personal Business; Harper Tuition Waivers; and Professional Expense
Work Conditions: Work is primarily-indoor and sedentary in nature. Driving is necessary to travel to sites.
Duties of Position: Supports student learning at multiple Adult Education sites/modalities with the goal of increasing learning success. Provides referrals and resources for students to address barriers to learning.
- Maintains site and materials at classrooms available to students and teachers.
- Maintains teachers informed of resources at Harper College and answers non-curricular questions.
- Maintains teachers aware of supports for their students in their communities.
- Orients teachers to new sites.
- Assists FT faculty by working with publishers as instructional materials are updated.
- Supports new teachers, directing them to resources and training.
- Coordinates publisher materials trainings for the instructors.
- Assists instructors with transition and placement decisions for their students.
- Manages “welcome” week and other events at all locations to improve student persistence.
- Facilitates student interaction with ADS and accommodations for GED testing.
- Annual ICCB ADA Coordinator training to be the ADA Coordinator for the program.
- Provides referrals and resources for students to continue learning program (both inside and outside of Harper).
- Stays current about issues within the community and shares timely resources with students in an accessible format.
- Works with LCC staff to provide all Harper student services at the satellite location.
- Works with Registration and Testing team to provide support, in particular student placement.
- Serves as a liaison to the Director of AED addressing student concerns and issues.
- Collaborates in the development of new student orientations.
- Assists with preparation of materials at instructional sites.
- Participates with AJC and Harper WIOA coordinator to serve customers of the Workforce system.
- Collaborates with Marketing to develop multi-lingual materials and messaging.
- Assists with HSE and ELA celebrations and recognitions.
- Collaborates with part time Student Services Specialist to answer questions in a timely fashion.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Education or related field. Preferred fluency in Spanish language.
Experience Requirements: Minimum three years experience in education, instructional support, program development or student services.
Application Review Date: Applications are accepted until the position is filled though priority will be given to applications received on or before: August 12, 2022.
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.
Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to create an inclusive learning and working environment where individual differences and identities are respected, valued and embraced. We encourage women, people from historically underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend