Program Coordinator - Learning & Career Center
Vaccination and Testing Mandate
See Illinois Governor J.B Pritzker’s mandate regarding vaccination/testing requirements for Higher Education and Harper’s implementation.
Job no: 494116
Work type: Full time
Location: Learning & Career Center (Prospect Heights)
Categories: Professional/ Technical
Pay Grade: PT Salary
Department: Career & Technical Programs
Schedule Information: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with occasional evening and weekend hours
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Benefits: Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance; Sick, Vacation, and Holiday pay; Personal Business; Educational Assistance: Tuition Waivers at Harper & Professional Expense
Work Conditions: Work is primarily indoor and sedentary in nature. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds is required, as is the ability to push heavier wheeled items. Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel within the community is required. Occasional evening or weekend events demand some scheduling flexibility.
Duties of Position: The Program Coordinator role at the Harper College Learning and Career Center (LCC) in Prospect Heights promotes site enrollment for credit and noncredit students; builds community awareness and use of the Center; and supports student success via events, programming, and partner relationships. The role is highly collaborative and interacts with our diverse local populations as well as area leaders and multiple College departments.
Continuously adapts, implements, and documents strategies that position the LCC to meet Center and College goals such as:
- Continuous growth in credit and noncredit LCC student enrollment
- Increased use of the Center by community members
- Education access and equitable outcomes, especially to underserved and nontraditional student populations
- Seamless referrals for students needing assistance by other Harper departments and locations
- High-impact collaborations with government, nonprofits, education, and workforce entities
Makes progress towards these goals through non-academic activities and partnerships across the College and externally. Primary responsibilities include:
- Promote LCC enrollment by maintaining up-to-date knowledge of LCC course offerings; collaborating with Admissions for information sessions; educating advisors and other Harper departments on LCC resources; tabling at events; and contributing to marketing and communications initiatives
- Lead Hawks Care student supports at LCC: food pantry, emergency assistance, referral channels for basic needs, coordination of resources with Hawks Care Palatine campus counterparts, and managing budget including identifying funding opportunities
- Grow a robust programming calendar for LCC students and the community such as skill-building workshops for study, job search, or finances; job fairs; diverse legal and social services; family programming; and cultural activities. In close collaboration with Community Relations, Job Placement Resource Center, Student Involvement, and other departments
- Represent LCC and advocate for its mission and population with key community networks, member organizations, and college institutional initiatives
- Maintain regular communications with community partners, LCC faculty, and Harper departments and institution regarding LCC activities and community resources of benefit to students
Other significant responsibilities include:
- Support the LCC Supervisor in forming new relationships and building strategic partnerships with workforce, government, and community organizations. Contribute to meetings, research, presentations, fundraising, and Memoranda of Understanding. Sustain in-house partners and maintain updated documentation. Actively engage the LCC Advisory Board.
- Monitor progress in LCC student outcomes and community impact, including participation in collecting, analyzing, and communicating results
- In the absence of the LCC Supervisor, manage site operations in collaboration with the Program Assistant.
- Contribute to full staff coverage of the building and provide direct customer service (phones, front desk) as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree required.
Experience Requirements: 3 years of increasing professional responsibility in higher education, marketing, social services, or other field with strong transferrable skills to the position.
Other desired skills:
- Communicate highly effectively in English in writing and public speaking or presentations. Ability to adapt communication style to different audiences. Knowledge of another language is an asset – particularly Spanish, Polish, Russian, or Korean.
- Events and programming experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft 365 including Excel, PowerPoint, Teams; virtual meeting and presentation platforms
- Mission-oriented with strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain strong collaborative relationships in a multicultural environment.
- Ease in networking activities, including “cold call’ outreach to potential partner organization leaders.
- Ability to plan, assign, and supervise the work of staff and/or volunteers engaged in a variety of activities.
- Able to handle multiple tasks efficiently with strong self-starter qualities including innovation, prioritization and adherence to deadlines in a demanding environment.
Application Review Date: Applications are accepted until the position is filled though priority will be given to applications received on or before: September 17, 2021.
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.
Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to create an inclusive learning and working environment where individual differences and identities are respected, valued and embraced. We encourage women, people from historically underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend