Intercollegiate Athletics, Esports Coach
Vaccination and Testing Mandate
See Illinois Governor J.B Pritzker’s mandate regarding vaccination/testing requirements for Higher Education and Harper’s implementation.
Job no: 494102
Work type: Contingent/Seasonal
Location: Harper College Main Campus (Palatine)
Pay Grade: Coach
Department: Student Affairs
Schedule Information: Fall and Spring Seasons
Hours Per Week: 20 maximum
Work Conditions: Work is indoors. Students will be engaged on campus.
- Provide direct oversight of specific game and technical instruction of student-athletes.
- Organize team practice schedules and prepare practice plan and related activity.
- Monitor competition schedule for each student-athlete.
- Configure live streaming for each match.
- Research industry standards and educate yourself on current trends.
- Initiate long-term planning for post-season and tournament success.
- Follow all Harper College and Athletic Department policies and procedures as prescribed.
- Proper personal and professional behavior as a representative of Harper College is required.
- The conduct of student-athletes while they are representing Harper College is the responsibility of the head coach. Measures taken to encourage and ensure proper behavior are expected.
- Have knowledge of and adhere to rules, policies and philosophies set forth by Harper College and the NJCAAE.
- Develop and maintain positive and interactive communication with Athletic Department office staff and the Director of Athletics.
- Develop and maintain a positive and interactive communication with student-athletes, team and department personnel, and members of the Harper College community.
- Attend all practices and contests with promptness in regard to scheduled time unless advanced approval is granted by the Director of Athletics.
- Plan and coordinate all relevant pre-season, in-season, and post-season activities.
- Meet with players and/or parents of players when appropriate.
- Submit game results and summaries as prescribed by the Athletic Director using the appropriate reporting system.
- Develop and maintain contacts with local, area, and state coaches.
- Recruit student-athletes. Develop a list of potential recruits and follow through with appropriate letters, visits, phone calls, etc. Arrange and assist with campus visits.
- Fully and specifically document all recruiting contacts and/or activities.
- Accumulate and assist with all post-season activity: player evaluations, reports, statistical information, inventory, etc.
- Any other job duties and /or activities deemed appropriate by Director of Athletics.
Educational Requirements: Associates Degree, Bachelors Degree or higher preferred
Experience Requirements: Two years of Esports coaching or equivalent, college experience preferred.
Required Documents:***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.
Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to create an inclusive learning and working environment where individual differences and identities are respected, valued and embraced. We encourage women, people from historically underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend