Schedule Information: Monday - Friday 8:00 - 4:30 PM
Hours per Week: 37.5
Benefits: Health, Dental, Life & Disability; Sick, Vacation & Holiday Pay; Personal Business; Harper Tuition Waivers; and Professional Expense
Work Conditions: Work is primarily indoors. Physical activities include light to medium work of up to 50 lbs. which includes lifting and moving computers, audio visual hardware, peripherals and related furniture or equipment. Some tasks will require the use of a ladder.
Duties of Position:
Provide onsite, phone, email, and chat support for end user systems and applications. Provide outstanding customer service and empathy during all customer encounters.
Install operating system, software, hardware equipment, and firmware on desktops, laptops, printers, lecterns and other infrastructure systems.
Identify, diagnose, repair, and resolve technical hardware and software issues in a timely manner.
Facilitate the continuous and reliable operation and perform general preventative maintenance tasks on software, computers, laptops, printers, projectors, classroom technology, and other hardware and peripheral equipment used by various departments.
Install, upgrade, support, maintain, and troubleshoot software, computers, laptops, printers, projectors, classroom technology, and other hardware and peripheral equipment used by various departments.
Utilize ticketing system to document and prioritize work following Information Technology standard operating procedures. Log all related interactions as well as answer, troubleshoot and document support calls and emails.
Complete work on assigned tickets, projects, and tasks, documenting, tracking, and monitoring the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
Move computers, laptops, monitors, printers, and associated equipment. Coordinate with Facilities Management as needed for any moves, construction and installation projects.
Stays current with relevant Harper College systems, information, changes and updates.
Stays up to date with higher educational IT trends, software, and hardware.
Contribute to technical support documentation of resolutions, processes, and procedures. Participate in the development, implementation, and communication of guidelines and procedures for the usage, deployment and management of systems and software supported by Information Technology.
Interact with systems administrators, software systems engineering, and applications development to restore service and perform root cause analysis to correct core problem as needed.
Maintain appropriate asset management data and purchasing documentation utilizing approved Harper College systems. Tracks software, hardware and peripheral equipment from acquisition to retirement.
Investigates appropriate technology requests for software, hardware and peripheral equipment. Research, assess, and evaluate technology-related needs. Recommend appropriate software, hardware, and peripheral equipment for implementation.
Evaluate and recommend new software, hardware, and services to enhance functionality and reduce user problems.
Test, configure, and implement new hardware, software and other modifications to existing equipment and systems.
Responsible for security, integrity, and reliability of desktop systems. Report any violation of the Acceptable Use Policy.
Schedule software deployment packages for unattended installation to desktops, laptops, and off-network laptops and computers. Develops software deployment packages as needed.
Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software. Manage hardware repair and replacement process.
Facilitates communication between the end-user and Information Technology.
Assists as appropriate with projects involving Information Technology.
Functions as professional and technical mentor to staff whenever necessary.
Participates in technical setups for standard classroom, lab or office needs as well as for special events which may include a laptop, projector, desktop, microphones and telephones.
Uses programming knowledge to write programs that facilitate a user friendly environment e.g. batch files, Extron, Access, PowerShell, etc.
Provides computer-related training and technical assistance to employees on Harper College technology.
Provides System Administration support for the various client groups using the Service Desk ticketing system.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s (Preferred) - Associate Degree or two (2) years of equivalent experience. Related certifications a plus including current Microsoft Windows operating system, Microsoft Office Suite, CompTIA A+, Help Desk Institute, ITIL.
- Understanding of a wide variety of operating systems.
- Understanding of support tools.
- 2 -3 years' experience supporting Windows desktop/laptop PCs.
- 2+ year Remote Desktop support experience.
- 2+ years of experience with customer service, providing remote technical support.
- Ability and willingness to work outside of normal and traditional hours.
- Ability to handle a wide variety of customer service situations.
- Able and willing to learn new as well as existing technologies.
- Able to multi-task.
- Be a contributing member of a Technical Team.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with ability to handle customer concerns over telephone or through personal contact.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Familiar with a problem management ticket system.
- Familiarity with Active directory.
- Have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Information Technology field.
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices.
- The ideal candidate is detailed oriented and thorough; must be able to follow-through to the completion of a task.
- Experience in higher education or a campus environment a plus
Application Review Date: Applications are accepted until the position is filled though priority will be given to applications received on or before: June 2, 2020
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.