Schedule Information: Monday - Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Benefits: Health, Dental, Life & Disability; Sick, Vacation & Holiday Pay; Personal Business; Harper Tuition Waivers; and Professional Expense
Work Conditions: Indoors and primarily sedentary in nature. Physical activities may include light to medium work of up to 50 lbs which includes lifting and moving equipment.
Duties of Position:
Provide outstanding customer service and empathy during all customer encounters.
Maintains appropriate asset management data and purchasing documentation utilizing approved Harper College systems. Tracks software, hardware and peripheral equipment from acquisition to retirement.
Investigates appropriate technology requests for software, hardware and peripheral equipment. Research, assess, and evaluate technology-related needs. Recommends appropriate software, hardware, and peripheral equipment for implementation.
Evaluates and recommends new software, hardware, and services to enhance functionality and reduce user problems.
Stays up to date with higher educational IT trends, software, and hardware.
Utilizes ticketing system to document and prioritize work following Information Technology standard operating procedures. Logs all related interactions as well as answer, troubleshoot and document request calls and emails.
Completes work on assigned tickets, projects, and tasks, documenting, tracking, and monitoring the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
Work with vendor support contacts
Stays current with relevant Harper College systems, information, changes and updates.
Contributes to technical support documentation of resolutions, processes, and procedures. Participates in the development, implementation, and communication of guidelines and procedures for the usage, deployment and management of systems and software supported by Information Technology.
Facilitates communication between the end-user and Information Technology.
Assists as appropriate with projects involving Information Technology.
Functions as professional and technical mentor to staff whenever necessary.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years of equivalent experience. Related certifications are desirable including current Microsoft Windows operating system, Mac OS, Microsoft Office Suite, ComTIA A+, Help Desk Institute, ITIL.
- Proficiency in complex software packages for PC and MAC based systems
- Proficiency with a number of support tools
- Minimum 4 years of technical experience in an enterprise environment
- Good understanding of TCP/IP Networking and VPN
- Expert technology problem solver
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Quick learner, strong/effective problem solver, team player.
- Experience in higher education or a campus environment a plus.
- Ability to provide multi-language support is a plus
- Software and Hardware acquisition experience a plus
Application Review Date: Applications are accepted until the position is filled though priority will be given to applications received on or before: June 17, 2019
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.