Library Full Time Tenure Track Faculty/Coordinator of Library Instruction
Job no: 493920
Work type: Full time
Location: Harper College Main Campus (Palatine)
Salary: Per FT Faculty Contract
Pay Grade: FF Non-Instructional Faculty - 26 Pays
Department: Resources For Learning
Schedule Information:35 hours per week. Serves on college committees; participates in departmental and division initiatives.
Weeks per fiscal year: Faculty are covered under a 9-month contract period (August thru May)
Benefits: Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance; Sick and Holiday pay; Personal Business; Educational Assistance: Tuition Waivers at Harper & Professional Expense
Position Description and Duties: Harper College is currently accepting applications for Library Faculty/Coordinator of Library Instruction, a full-time tenure track faculty position.
The Harper College Library includes 6 full-time faculty who oversee and maintain Library services. The Library is the academic hub of the campus and serves 27 communities in the northwest suburbs of Chicago and more than 13,000 students in a wide variety of transfer and career programs.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Coordinating all aspects of the Library's Instructional Services including advocacy, scheduling, embedded library program, data collection, analysis and assessment.
- Maintaining a consistent and effective information literacy program.
- Advocating for the library's role in student learning and development.
- Working with entities to infuse information literacy across the curriculum.
- Collaborating in the development and assessment of campus-wide information literacy initiatives.
- Providing guidance for all teaching librarians in their professional development.
- Maintaining and developing online content for the Library's instructional services.
- Providing reference, collection development, and public service.
- Serving as a Library liaison to other programs, departments, and areas of interest.
- Serving on institutional and departmental committees and attending other activities.
Educational Requirements: Minimum of a Master's degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution.
- 3 years of experience in an academic library or equivalent providing online, hybrid, and/or face-to-face instruction.
- 2 years of experience coordinating a library instruction program.
- Experience in library assessment and evaluation methodologies.
- Experience providing reference and research assistance and public service.
- Proficiency in the use of current and emerging instructional technologies.
- Experience developing instructional support materials (e.g., research guides, video tutorials, etc.)
Application Review Date: Applications are accepted until the position is filled though priority will be given
to applications received on or before: January 25,2021
*You will not be able to complete the application without attaching the following documents:
- Cover letter
- CV/Resume (Does not substitute for completed application)
- Copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts from Regionally accredited institutions
- A one page single-spaced statement of your teaching philosophy. In your teaching philosophy, please include how you approach classroom management, how you assess students, and how you use instructional technology.
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend