Anthropology/Sociology Full-Time Tenure Track Faculty
Job no: 493724
Work type: Full time
Location: Harper College Main Campus (Palatine)
Salary: Per FT Faculty Contract
Department: Business/Social Science
Per course schedule; maintains a minimum of 15 contact hours of teaching and 10 office hours per week for student consultation; evening and weekend instruction may be required. Serves on college committees; participates in departmental and division initiatives.
|Weeks per fiscal year
Faculty are covered under a 9-month contract period (August thru May)
Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance; Sick and Holiday pay; Personal Business;
Educational Assistance: Tuition Waivers at Harper & Professional Expense
|Position Description and Duties
Harper College seeks an exceptional instructor of anthropology and sociology for a full-time tenure-track position.
Anthropology and sociology operate as one department at Harper College, and we are seeking candidates with a background in both areas. A successful candidate will serve primarily as an instructor in anthropology and report to the Dean of Business and Social Sciences. Full time faculty are expected to teach 15 contact hours per semester, serve on department/division/institutional committees, hold 10 office hours per week, and pursue professional development opportunities related to anthropology and/or sociology.
We are looking for candidates who are committed to student success and have experience delivering instruction in various modalities. A successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to excellence in the classroom as well as an understanding of theoretical concepts within the disciplines.
Minimum of a Masters degree in Anthropology and graduate level coursework in Sociology.
- 15 hours “field work” in the field. CV should include relevant field work experience.
- Master's degree in Anthropology and Sociology
Minimum of one year of college level teaching experience.*
*Neither Teaching Assistant (TA) nor online-only teaching experience would be considered equivalent to college teaching.
|Application Review Date
Applications are accepted until the position is filled though priority will be given
to applications received on or before: January 24, 2020.
*You will not be able to complete the application without attaching the following documents:
- Cover letter
- CV/Resume (Does not substitute for completed application)
- Copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts from Regionally accredited institutions
- A one page single-spaced statement of your teaching philosophy. In your teaching philosophy, please include how you approach classroom management, how you assess students, and how you use instructional technology.
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend