Grant Funded Position: 50% Grant funded from Perkins grant
Schedule Information: TBD
Hours Per Week: 37.5 Hours
Benefits: Available Insurance: Health, Dental, Life & Disability; Sick, Vacation & Holiday Pay; Personal Business; Harper Tuition Waivers; and Professional Expense
Work Conditions: Work is basically sedentary in nature.
Duties of Position: Manages front-office operations, communications, staff, and adjacent programming spaces for the Entrepreneurship Center. Develops, implements, and directs the programmatic agenda of the Center, and manages administrative matters for the office, including budget development, expense management, inventory consumables purchasing and control, customer service, and facilities and equipment installation, maintenance, and repair for the center. Oversees equipment and center upkeep and usage, including visitor safety and satisfaction. Assists with hiring, training, and supervision of front-office staff and student employees. Serves as lead marketing and communication expert for the Center to create and sustain a variety of media to inform students and community members of the Center’s programs and services. Collaborates with the Dean of the Business and Social Sciences Division, faculty, and Golden Corridor MakerSpace partners to establish goals and objectives for the growth of the Center. Works with key stakeholders to help design special events and other initiatives to bring students and local entrepreneurs into the Center. Works with staff members to coordinate resources and logistics for room and equipment reservation and usage.
- Within budget, maintains inventory and coordinates purchases/updates as needed, including special event needs, equipment maintenance and repair needs, and maintenance of software licenses.
- Projects and develops budget requirements and tracks expenditures for Center programs and administrative needs. Generates reports on revenue and spending activity for the center.
- Develops and maintains print, web, portal, e-mail, and social-media content.
- Utilizes marketing outreach tactics, including social media, community surveys, and target audience analysis, to engage the local community and Harper College students.
- Serves as the point person for students and community members and engages them in various types of communication to match them with the appropriate programs, services, and subject matter experts.
- Obtains Center member information for entry into the Center’s database.
- Designs safety protocols for all Center tools and equipment to be used by Center members.
- Educates and enforces policies and procedures related to member involvement and experience; assesses and evaluates current procedures and policies to promote best practices.
- Develops space-use policies and reservation system for all Center facilities and rooms.
- Manages calendar of events, space reservations, and related workflow/communication, including departmental website and social media.
- Manages and oversees facilities and equipment installation, maintenance, and repair for the center.
- Supervises use and management of physical office spaces assigned to the Entrepreneurship Center and its members, including furniture, equipment, and other College property.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Associates Degree required or equivalent relevant work experience and certificates.
(Applicants with extensive experience in the field who do not meet the educational requirement may be given consideration.)
Experience Requirements: Knowledge of and experience with equipment commonly used in makerspaces. Must have strong communication and customer-service skills, including speaking, writing, and the ability to offer dynamic, professional presentations. Experience in web strategies, social media, and marketing outreach initiatives. Experience in strategic planning and small business development. Demonstrated leadership with supervising and directing staff, project management, and process improvement. Knowledge of current best practices of small business development stages and experience in entrepreneurship management. Experience with e-mail, social media, word processing, spreadsheet software, and related makerspace equipment.
Application Review Date: Applications are accepted until the position is filled though priority will be given to applications received on or before: 6/22/18
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.