Schedule Information: Evening and weekend work, based on enrollment.
Hours Per Week: Varies upon the needs of the students/departments
Work Conditions: Work is primarily indoors and sedentary in nature
Duties of Position:
- Teach weekly private and group guitar and/or ukulele classes to non-credit students and enrolled in the Community Music and Arts Center programs (30 minute, 45 minute, 60 minute, 90 minute lessons continuing education classes)
- Collaborate with other instructors and team members and share curriculum material and syllabus
- Organize and maintain consistent teaching schedule
- Prepare lesson plans, recitals and activities and complete student assessments
- Prepare students for performances and activities
- Participate in recruitment activities in and outside of the division
- Integrate technology into the delivery of instruction
- Attend department and faculty meetings
- Attend other meetings when requested
Formal training and degree/s in your discipline is preferred however experts in a particular musical tradition or styles such as Classical, Country, Jazz, Rock & Roll, Blues, Bluegrass, etc., are also encouraged to apply and will be considered.
1-3 years successful prior teaching experience in a college or school setting required.
Experience and passion for working with people including young children, adults, seniors and community organizations.
Office experience and experience in working with the public is required
Performance experience and a high level of proficiency in the desired musical style(s) is necessary.
Ability to communicate ideas, concepts and demonstrate techniques to people of different ages, backgrounds, and experience levels.
Must have a strong commitment to teaching and a genuine interest in the life-long development of individual students.
Positive attitude, excellent communication skills, openness to new ideas, self-starter attitude and willingness to work with professionals in other disciplines.
High standards for quality, good judgment.
Ability to teach more than one discipline is a plus.
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.