1. Support the academic progress of the student-athlete.
2. Supervise the student athletes during practice, contests, and travel. This may include driving college vehicles or college leased vehicles to and from scheduled contests.
3. Prepare the student athletes for competition through planning and conducting of well organized practices and contests.
4. Provide the Director of Athletics with information regarding the purchasing of equipment, scheduling, budget and other program needs.
5. Keep up-to-date statistics for his/her sport and to submit a copy to the Director of Athletics at the conclusion of the sports season.
6. Call, text or email in results of contests to the Sports Information Assistant by 10:00 AM the next business day, and supply information to the Director of Athletics that can be used for publicity purposes.
7. Assist in completing the eligibility process.
8. Recruit in-district athletes.
9. Complete and submit injury reports to the appropriate personnel IMMEDIATELY following the occurrence.
10. Develop the contest schedule for his/her respective sport.
11. Arrange, with the equipment manager, for the issue and return of equipment for his/her sport.
12. Prepare a season summary.
13. Attend the athletic sport banquet appropriate for his/her sport.
14. To notify the Director of Athletics regarding the preparation of the area/s used for practice (indoors-outside) and contests.
15. To assist the Director of Athletics in recommending personnel for his/her assistant coach/s and to aid the appropriate athletic coordinator in evaluating the performance of his/her assistant coach/s.
16. To attend coaches' meetings as scheduled by the N4C Conference and NJCAA.