CE Instructor - Coding: Java, Mobile App Development, Data and Machine Learning
Job no: 493111
Work type: Part time
Location: Harper Professional Center (Schaumburg)
Categories: CE Instructor
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Division: Workforce Solutions
Department: Continuing Education
Schedule Information: Evening teaching position, 1 or 2 days a week from 6-9:15pm or Saturdays 9am - 12:15pm.
Hours Per Week: 3 - 6hrs/week
Duties of Position:
- Delivers technical training and teaches material from approved curriculum
- Develops lesson and capstone plans which include lab activities
- Integrates, maintains and updates learning content in Blackboard LMS
- Work with technical support team to ensure technology used for learning is set-up in accordance to instructional and lab activity requirements
- Submit mid-term attendance and final grades in Banner within the expected timeframes
- Motivates students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process
- Conducts needs assessments to ensure student training requirements are met
- Maintains expertise in subject area and recommends improvements in curriculum design
We are seeking out applicants with a background and, or credentials within:
• Java SE8 Programmer
• MongoDB, Cassandra, Hive, Machine Learning, Node.js, Hadoop, Shell Scripting
• Mobile App Development: Swift, Xcode, iOS, Android, UI Design, deploying apps to Google and Apple store
• Scripting Languages
• Industry recognized credentials/certification desired but not required
Applicant must have significant real-world experience and be willing to attain Industry Recognized Certification by passing relevant certification exams if they currently do not hold the credential. Harper College may assist instructors in attaining specific professional credentials in order to teach Advanced IT courses.
A great applicant for this opportunity is someone who has a professional background and the technical expertise in the technology they are teaching. Effective presentation skills and caring attention to students is also necessary to help adults learn to use technology more effectively to achieve business results.
Familiarity with IT Certification required. Experience and background working in a field of innovation and technology solutions, knowledge of software development best practices, operating systems, software, and hardware. Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred but not required.
Teaching experience is preferred but not required. Experience developing blended courses and integrating content into an LMS desired. Minimum four years of relevant industry experience working in an Advanced IT environment
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.
* This position is not SURS eligible
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend