Setup Crew Member
Job no: 493037
Work type: Full time
Location: Harper College Main Campus (Palatine)
Division: Finance & Administrative Services
Department: Facilities Management
Schedule Information: M - F 7am to 3:30pm
Hours Per Week: 40
Benefits: Health, Dental, Life,
Employee is subject to both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions. Employee may be required to wear respiratory protection, hearing protection and other personal protective equipment on a daily basis. Overtime and evening work required.
Duties of Position:
- Sets-up meeting rooms. Sets up different stages and pipe/drape configurations for events and shows.
- Moves furniture and boxes throughout the main college campus and satellite campuses and other properties Maintains college premises
- Serving washrooms
- Provide emergency clean up of spills, flooding & catastrophic events
- Sweeping or mopping floors and stairs
- Emptying and compacting trash
- Cleaning windows
- Removing snow in assigned areas
- Collecting, bailing and staging cardboard for recycle
- Collecting and staging recycle containers across the main College campus, satellite campuses and other properties. Installation, adjustment and correction of internal signing
- Daily cleaning and sanitizing of College Child Care facility
- Maintaining set-up and moving equipment
- Ensure return of set-up and custodial equipment to appropriate storage areas
- Report items requiring more extensive repair to supervisor
- Performs general security duties
- Locking and unlocking doors of meeting rooms as assigned
- Turning lights on and off
- Report any unusual circumstances to supervisor, including security violations
- Inspects area of responsibility for any unsafe conditions or safety hazards that may lead to injury
- Take appropriate action to correct unsafe condition
- Report unsafe condition to supervisor
- Follow appropriate safety procedures when performing all duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Educational Requirements: High school graduate or equivalent required.
Experience Requirements: Prior custodial experience required with some knowledge or training in custodial services, maintenance, and grounds-keeping.
Application Review Date: Applications are accepted until the position is filled though priority will be given to applications received on or before September 27, 2017.
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend