Motorcycle Safety Program Assistant Coordinator (Grant-Funded)
Job no: 493029
Work type: Full time
Location: Harper Professional Center (Schaumburg)
Categories: Professional/ Technical
Salary: $43,703 - $54,629
Division: Workforce Solutions
Department: Continuing Education
Schedule Information: Hours will vary depending on the need. This is a grant-funded position
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Benefits: Available Insurance: Health, Dental, Life & Disability, Sick, Vacation & Holiday Pay, Personal Business, Harper Tuition Waivers, and Professional Expense.
Work is primarily indoor and sedentary in nature. Periodic teaching, including outdoors is required. Familiarity with diagnosing equipment problems and making simple repairs preferred. May occasionally be directed to move equipment between training site locations.
Duties of Position:
Administration and business operations
- oversees day-to-day program operations
- completes monthly, quarterly, annual and miscellaneous reports
- assists with program planning, budget development, and expenditure oversight
- assists in development of program policies and procedures
- evaluates office operations and recommend adjustments to work assignments
- assists with communication tools to support students, staff, and administration
- resolves student, staff and administrative issues, problems and concerns
procures and manages motorcycles and other training equipment
- assists in the development of course schedules
- assists with recruiting, training, and evaluating CE instructional staff
- assists in locating and creating agreements for additional and replacement training sites
- evaluates curricula
conducts one Motorcycle Safety Foundation Basic RiderCourse and one Instructor Prep Course or 4 Basic RiderCourses and 0 Instructor Prep Courses per year as a part of regular job duties as required by the Illinois Department of Transportation.
- directly participates in training site set-ups, maintenance, and teardowns
may be directed to operate trucks/cargo trailers on highways and congested metropolitan streets
- is knowledgeable of the coordinator’s responsibilities and acts as proxy in his/her absence
- represents the program on statewide committees
Other duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor
Bachelor's degree required. Class DM driver’s license or equivalent from another state. Clean driving record. MSF RiderCoach and RiderCoach Trainer Certifications required at time of hire or be attained within 18 months of hire.
Must have extensive motorcycle riding experience. Previous experience with motorcycle instruction and supervision is desirable. Effective verbal and written communication skills to correspond with staff, site sponsors, media, students and the general public. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products required.
Application Review Date: Applications are accepted until the position is filled though priority will be given to applications received on or before: September 22, 2017
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend