CE Instructor - VMware/Virtualization
Job no: 492985
Work type: Part time
Location: Harper Professional Center (Schaumburg)
Categories: CE Instructor
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Division: Workforce Solutions
Department: Continuing Education
Schedule Information: Evening teaching position, 2 days a week (Tue/Thu) from 6 – 10:15 pm starting on 9/19/17
Duties of Position: Seeking out Instructors to lead in the instruction of VMware IT Academy courses which lead to industry recognized credentials. These credentials include:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6]
- VCP6 Foundations exam
- VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization Exam
Applicant must have significant real-world experience and be willing to attain Industry Recognized Certification by passing relevant certification exams if they currently do not hold the credential. Harper College may assist instructors in attaining specific professional credentials in order to teach Advanced IT courses. Responsibilities include:
- Delivers VMware training and teaches material from approved curriculum
- Develops lesson and capstone plans which include lab activities
- Integrates, maintains and updates learning content in Blackboard LMS
- Work with technical support team to ensure technology used for learning is set-up in accordance to instructional and lab activity requirements
- Submit mid-term attendance and final grades in Banner within the expected timeframes
- Motivates students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process
- Conducts needs assessments to ensure student training requirements are met
- Maintains expertise in subject area and recommends improvements in curriculum design
Educational Requirements: Familiarity with IT Certification required. Extensive experience working with information systems and networks, knowledge of IT best practices, operating systems, software, and hardware. Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred but not required.
Experience Requirements: Teaching experience is preferred. Minimum four years of relevant industry experience working in an Advanced IT environment.
Your application can remain "Under Review by Committee" for 18 months. You may check your status at any time by logging into jobs.harpercollege.edu with your username and password.
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.
* This position is not SURS eligible
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend