Motorcycle Rider Safety Program Rider Coach/Instructor
Job no: 492906
Work type: Part time
Location: Harper Professional Center (Schaumburg)
Categories: CE Instructor
Salary: Commensurate with position
Division: Workforce & Strategic Alliances
Department: Continuing Education
Schedule Information: Varies by needs of department
Duties of Position:
- Ensure that courses are conducted in a safe manner.
- Assure site sponsor rules for the use of the facility are followed.
- Confirm student registration information.
- Complete and verify course paperwork for accuracy and completeness.
- Supervise Range Aide assigned to course.
- Correctly demonstrates range exercises.
- Evaluate student performance and record grades.
- Ensure all motorcycles are in operating order at the end of each class or report non-operating motorcycles to the Regional Center.
- Contact Regional Center office regarding any student problems.
- Maintain MSF Rider Coach and First Aid certifications and driving privileges.
- Current Motorcycle Safety Foundation Rider Coach certification
- Valid class M (or equivalent from another state) driver's license.
- No more that 2 convictions within the past 12 month period for violations of traffic regulations governing the movement of vehicles. (Anyone convicted of serious driving violations, (DUI, DWS, DWR, Reckless Driving) is not eligible to teach for a period of 3 years after the conviction.)
- Valid Red Cross, Green Cross, or military basic first aid card or Illinois Department of Transportation approved equivalent.
- Ability to operate 5-lb, dry-chemical (ABC) fire extinguisher
- Complete annual update prior to teaching.
Required Documents: A resume and cover letter are requested but not required in order to apply for this position.
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend